What a fall morning it is!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is a little over two weeks away! Are you ready?
Are you hosting or going to someone’s home?
I’ll be hosting this year and it will be a small gathering… I plan on shopping this weekend for my turkey and some of the sides. I’ll hit the fruit market a few days before the holiday to make sure my produce is fresh!
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is a beautiful moist cake, with so much flavor! It’s a great fall cake!
I made the cake this past weekend at my Friendsgiving luncheon! It was a hit! I used my fall baking pan with leaves and it turned out so pretty!
If you missed my post about my Friendsgiving luncheon you can click this link https://houseofmar.com/how-to-host-a-friendsgiving-luncheon/ I shared my table setting and how I pulled it all together with flowers and greenery from my yard!
Everyone really enjoyed the moistness of the cake! I topped it with powdered sugar but you could sprinkle a good sweet chocolate cocoa over it! I have in the past, and added mini chocolate chips to the batter for an extra special taste! We had so much fun! Giving is really the best!!!
This cake doesn’t take long to put together and you most likely have all the ingredients in your pantry or cabinet!
So let’s begin!
2 Cups of Gluten Free Flour
2 tsp Gluten Free Baking soda
1/2 tsp Gluten Free Baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Gluten Free Pure Vanilla
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup water
1 15 oz can pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350 Prepare the bundt pan with a baking spray or oil and dust with flour or powder sugar.
In a bowl combine flour, powder, soda, spices, set aside.
Next in a mixing bowl combine sugar and eggs mix at medium speed until fluffy.
Add sour cream, canola oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
Mix well then add 1/2 flour and 1/3 of water another third of flour and another third of water and then add the rest of the flour and water.
Combine and pour into your bundt pan.
Make sure to tap the sides of the pan gentle, tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
Bake for 50-60 minutes on the center rack or until a tester is clear.
Let cool for 15 before adding any topping or un-molding.
I actually let my cake cool completely before un-molding, I gently scrape the sides with a rubber spatula, gently and place a plate on top of my pan and turning it over to un-mold.
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE
- BUNDT PAN
- KITCHEN AIDE MIXER/ HAND MIXER
- MEASURNING CUPS
- Measuring spoons
- MIXING BOWL
- 2 CUPS GLUTEN FREE KING ARTHUR 1:1 FLOUR
- 2 TSP GLUTEN FREE BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TSP GLUTEN FREE BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TSP CINNAMON
- 1 TSP PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 1 TSP GINGER
- 1/2 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
- 2 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 3 LARGE EGGS
- 1/2 CUP SOUR CREAM
- 1 TBSP GLUTEN FREE PURE VANILLA
- 1/2 CUP CANOLA OIL
- 2/3 CUP WATER
- 1 15 0Z CAN OF PURE PUMPKIN
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F
- GREASE THE BUNDT PAN WITH OIL AND DUST WITH COCOA POWER, POWDERED SUGAR, OR GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
- IN A BOWL COMBINE ALL THE DRY INGREDIENTS, FLOUR, BAKING SODA, BAKING POWDER, GROUND CINNAMON, GROUND GINGER, NUTMEG, PUMPKIN SPICE. SET ASIDE
- IN A MIXING BOWL COMBINED SUGAR AND EGGS, MIX AT MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL FLUFFY NEXT ADD SOUR CREAM, OIL, VANILLA AND PUMPKIN PUREE, MIX WELL
- ADD HALF THE FLOUR AND 1/3 OF THE WATER TO YOUR WET MIXTURE ADDING 1/3 OF EACH AGAIN AND THEN THE REST WHILE MIXING WELL
- POUR BATTER INTO THE PREPARED BUNDT PAN
- TAP PAN GENTLY ON THE COUNTER TO REMOVE ANY BUBBLES
- BAKE FOR 50-60 MINUTES ON THE CENTER RACK
- COOL FOR 15 MIN BEFORE REMOVING FROM THE PAN
- WHEN COOLED SPRINKLE POWER SUGAR ACROSS THE TOP OF THE CAKE
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as my guest and I did!!!