How To Create A Fall Friendsgiving Table Scape.
Last year I hosted a Fall Friendsgiving luncheon with some of my very good friends. We had such a lovely time getting us friends all together! I really wanted my table scape to look elegant and to be special for these woman that mean so much to me! You can read all about the luncheon here https://houseofmar.com/how-to-host-a-friendsgiving-luncheon/
I Created an elegant table scape with china, which was actually a gift from my brother. This set is so girly with its delicate pink florals and pretty gold bradding around the edges. I thought this pattern would be just right to use for my friends giving luncheon.
I decided to accent with gold because I really like to use gold in the fall. My gold flatware matches so well with the plates and stemware I have.
The stemware I choose was trimmed in gold around the rim of the glass. I thought these would go well with the plates and flatware while keeping with my fall look for my table scape. I placed a charger under each place setting that was also accented with a gold beading.
The napkins I choose to use were a blush color which went well with the blush and pink floral pattern of the plates. I used a gold napkin ring to enhance the gold trim of the plates, flatware, and stemware. I thought it all blended so well for an elegant fall table scape.
For the centerpiece I used a garland of eucalyptus leaves and picked some fall hydrangeas, twigs, and pinecones from my backyard. I added a few moss pumpkins, eucalyptus stems and tucked all the pieces into the garland centerpiece. Using the fall foliage together created these vibrate colors of fall!
This is how I created my fall friends giving table scape!
- I started with a brown table cloth, because rich brown colors are great for fall!
2) Next I added a eucalyptus swag across the center of the table. I did this so I could gather the placement of the dishes I choose to use.
3) I then positioned my dishes at each place setting so I could work on my table centerpiece. By doing this I’m able to see how much room I’ll have for the table centerpiece.
4) I placed all place settings on the table and worked the dishes around the center swag.
5) Using my blush napkins and gold napkin rings I place them around the table at each place setting.
6) After adding the place settings, napkins, napkin rings and stemware I place the flowers and stems into the garland to create my fall centerpiece.
7) I added a little fall moss pumpkin to the middle of the centerpiece. I love the look it added to my table scape.
8) I added some gold pillar candles and fall color candles to the table as well.
To set the mood for my fall table scape I also used some little battery operated candles in my votive cups. All of these items pared so well together and it made for an elegant fall table! I’ve mentioned before that I use unscented candles for my table scape. The smell of candles should not over power the aroma of the food that’s being served.
We all had a wonderful time at our Friends Giving Luncheon! One thing we did was donate to our favorite charity or dog rescue in lieu of giving each other a gift. It’s such a nice way to give back! I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about How To Create A Fall Friendsgiving Table Scape. Hopefully I’ve given you some ideas to use when you create your next fall table scape!
Many of the items I used to create my fall table scape I have linked in my shop my home https://houseofmar.com/shop-my-house/ I also have linked faux fall flowers. Amazon is a great resource as well https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=houseofmar6-20&linkCode=ur1&node=5622719011
I served this yummy Gluten Free Pumpkin spice cake at the luncheon. It is so delicious and perfect for fall! I thought I would share it with you!
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE
- BUNDT PAN
- KITCHEN AIDE MIXER/ HAND MIXER
- MEASURNING CUPS
- Measuring spoons
- MIXING BOWL
- 2 CUPS GLUTEN FREE KING ARTHUR 1:1 FLOUR
- 2 TSP GLUTEN FREE BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TSP GLUTEN FREE BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TSP CINNAMON
- 1 TSP PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 1 TSP GINGER
- 1/2 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
- 2 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 3 LARGE EGGS
- 1/2 CUP SOUR CREAM
- 1 TBSP GLUTEN FREE PURE VANILLA
- 1/2 CUP CANOLA OIL
- 2/3 CUP WATER
- 1 15 0Z CAN OF PURE PUMPKIN
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F
- GREASE THE BUNDT PAN WITH OIL AND DUST WITH COCOA POWER, POWDERED SUGAR, OR GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
- IN A BOWL COMBINE ALL THE DRY INGREDIENTS, FLOUR, BAKING SODA, BAKING POWDER, GROUND CINNAMON, GROUND GINGER, NUTMEG, PUMPKIN SPICE. SET ASIDE
- IN A MIXING BOWL COMBINED SUGAR AND EGGS, MIX AT MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL FLUFFY NEXT ADD SOUR CREAM, OIL, VANILLA AND PUMPKIN PUREE, MIX WELL
- ADD HALF THE FLOUR AND 1/3 OF THE WATER TO YOUR WET MIXTURE ADDING 1/3 OF EACH AGAIN AND THEN THE REST WHILE MIXING WELL
- POUR BATTER INTO THE PREPARED BUNDT PAN
- TAP PAN GENTLY ON THE COUNTER TO REMOVE ANY BUBBLES
- BAKE FOR 50-60 MINUTES ON THE CENTER RACK
- COOL FOR 15 MIN BEFORE REMOVING FROM THE PAN
- WHEN COOLED SPRINKLE POWER SUGAR ACROSS THE TOP OF THE CAKE